Adaptive Sports Abuse Prevention (ASAP) is one of the few training programs designed specifically for coaches, trainers, volunteers and leaders of programs that work with athletes with disabilities.
ASAP is a 5-session curriculum that can be taught by adaptive sports program staff or in collaboration with your local rape crisis center. Through interactive exercises and analysis of news stories, participants learn to:
• Recognize sexual abuse
• Interrupt unsafe or inappropriate interactions that could escalate to abuse
• Think critically and productively about safe touch and healthy relationships
• Report sexual abuse and collaborate with a local rape crisis center
The goal of preventing sexual abuse is clear, but the reality of how to achieve it is far more complex. ASAP will give you the skills to facilitate critical conversations and develop needed skills to help ensure that every athlete in your program is safe.
Certified ASAP Trainers:
National Ability Center, Competition Program Manager
(801) 830-0188, email@example.com
(505) 690-9103, Chris@AdaptiveAdventures.org
(760) 774-3161, Alcornadaptive@gmail.com
Adaptive Sports USA
(720) 412-7979, firstname.lastname@example.org